This set has everything! I already covered a couple of the stamps in earlier posts but I have now obtained the full set of mint stamps and I thought I would share them with you.
So why did I say this set had everything? Well, first of all, these are really nice, big, colourful stamps which are always an asset to a collection even though they are actually of low value.
But then, in this single set, I also get the Ancient Egyptian theme and my three principal topics: Queen Nefertiti, the Nubian Monuments and the Egyptian Earlies. OK, I admit that last one is a bit of a cheat because it's only commemorating the centenary of the first stamp but still...
So now for the details:
- SG 57 Bust of Queen Nefertiti
- SG 58 Colossi of Abu Simbel
- SG 59 Tutankhamun's Mask
- SG 60 Sphinx of Giza
- SG 61 Statues of Prince Rahotep and his wife Princess Nofret
- SG 62 Ancient Church
- SG 63 Colonnade of the Great Temple of Isis at Philae
- SG 64 Nile Sphinxes
- SG 65 Pyramids of Giza
- SG MS66 Mini Souvenir Sheet showing SG 64 and 65 as well as the Penny Black and the first Egyptian Stamp